Where to shop in Paris? Check out the best places to shop in Paris where you'll find all the...
If shopping is a therapy, New York City is the best retreat. The ‘Big Apple’ is one of the best shopping destinations in the world. From designer and luxurious boutiques to specialty shops, the best places to shop in NYC are packed with a wide range of options for people with different tastes and temperaments. Confused, Where to begin?
Check our list of 5 best shopping areas in New York
Best Places To Shop In New York
Midtown has been the epicenter of shopping not only among New Yorkers but famous among tourists as well. Stretching from 34th to 59th street covering the best place to shop in New York i.e. Fifth Avenue, Midtown is perfect for fashion-focused people.
Saks, Barneys, and Columbus Circle are New York shopping areas not to miss in Midtown.
Recommended shopping areas-
1. Macy’s department store is ideal for housewares, cosmetics, and clothing. It is located at 34th Street near Herald Square
2. Head to 527 Madison Ave, if you are looking for all high-quality audio equipment. Harman Store is a place for audiophiles
3. Tiffany & Co. on 5th Avenue is your one-stop destination for all jewelry shopping.
4. If you are looking for some branded designer footwear, Saks on 5th Avenue has everything for you. It accommodates all the classic footwear brands like Christian Louboutin.
5. For a completely luxurious shopping experience, Bergdorf Goodman is the best.
American Girl Place, Barneys, Bloomingdale’s, and many more shopping areas make Midtown a mini paradise for shoppers.
How to reach- Get a direct train, subway, or taxi from New York to Midtown Manhattan, it takes you there within 4-5 minutes.
2. South Of Houston ( SoHo )
SoHo is famous for its cast-iron buildings that are hard to find anywhere else. Most of the buildings date back to the 1900s when the street was full of iron foundries and factories.
It was also called as ‘Hell of Hundred Acres.’ Today, SoHo is one of the beautiful and hallmark shopping areas in New York. But be careful as you may get lost in the trendy fashion boutiques and chain retailer stores.
It can seriously impact your wallet so get down to few best ones. Here’s the list:
1. Everlane- You will get exceptional fabric here
2. Uniqlo- Affordable and quality clothing is the identity of this store
3. REI- Offers best camping gear
4. Flying Solo- It is an exceptional one among all the shopping places in the town for the reason of being an ideal platform for independent designers. The store offers some of the rare collections to buyers
5. Blue in Green- Recommended for men
Acne Studios, Balenciaga, Moncler, and Supreme are the few best high-end designer stores where you will get a variety of designer products.
How to reach- Spring St, Canal St, and Prince Street are the closest subway stops to South Houston.
[Note: SoHo gets a huge amount of traffic on weekends so it’s a complete NO for shopping on Sundays.]
3. Canal Street
Shopping without bargaining is a waste. Unfortunately, all the New York shopping malls and streets serve rich buyers who don’t think twice before buying. But Canal Street is your dream destination for bargain hunting.
Warning! Beware of counterfeit pieces as lots of street vendors can trick you with fake bags with branded tags. Few boutiques are serving for decades so a quality product is promised but not guaranteed for cheap shopping in New York:
- The End Collection
- Peter Manning
- Alan David Custom
Canal Street would become your regular shopping point if you are very good at differentiating plus can bargain with the vendors.
How to reach- You can get here either from the sixth or Seventh Avenue line and all the subway stations are only a 1-minute distance from Manhattan.
Travelers who came to New York’s borough- Brooklyn- should not miss the neighboring town Williamsburg. Spending a day shopping from the vintage shops spread around the Grand Street- the best place to shop in New York- is the most satisfying thing to do.
You’ll fall in love with boho-style Narnia Vintage to funky and glamorous Le Grand Stip. There are ample famous shops to visit in New York like:
- Antoinette- Cool and organized collection
- Fred Perry- Preppy wears reflecting British sub-culture
- Kai d Utility- Timeless fashion
- 7115 By Szeki- Specializes in women clothing
- Anne Willi – The French Boutique
But come to Williamsburg in the afternoon because most of the vendors open their stores afternoon. You might get tired of searching for items on your list in hot weather. Visiting only these highly recommended shops will make it trip-worthy.
How to reach- Subway L, Bus (B39, B62, and M9), and train from Manhattan are the transport options
North of Little Italy is a fashion-friendly district of New York. It will add a unique touch to your wardrobe with its collection. Chic, old-fashioned, fun boutiques and fresh stores that bring upcoming designers have everything to offer.
One thing that makes NoLita the best place to shop in NYC is its sensible clothing collection for people of all ages. That’s why high-end fashion lovers to minimalist patrons find it cool.
For an unforgettable experience, don’t miss our suggestions of these famous shops in New York:
- Love, Adorned for fresh vintage jewelry
- Vince for men and women clothing
- Coclico for ethical footwear
- Scotch & Soda for art-inspired clothing
- Deciem for affordable skincare
After a tiresome shopping session, either sip a cappuccino or order your favorite Italian pizza at one of the nearby cafes and restaurants. NoLita will make you feel like you are in Italy.
How to reach - Subway lines (B, D, R, 6, and X), Bus (B39, M1, and M103) or train from Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn will take you to little Italy of NYC.
Park Slope, West Village, East Village, Upper East Side, Meatpacking district, and Chinatown are the few best places to shop in NYC.