Beautiful Places in The World -Here is the list of the 7 most attractive places and amazing...
An Adventure Junkie, A beach Lover, A Nature enthusiast, or A Party lover; No matter which category you fall in for your next travel AUSTRALIA can surely be your travel destination. Check out the best things to do in Australia and the tourist attractions you should not miss.
Top 10 Tourist Attractions In Australia
1. Kakadu National Park
The world’s 2nd largest, UNESCO heritage site, and Australia’s most famous Kakadu is a treat to nature lovers. The gorgeous mangroves, magnificent waterfalls, and diverse wildlife will make you crave more greenery.
The 19,840 square km park also has rock paintings that are worth seeing. This protected site is situated at the Alligator rivers thus you will find several crocodile wetlands here.
What to do- Pick this spot if camping is your goal, the camping sites within the park have all facilities. But it is not free and will charge for the facilities. Check the website for more info.
Best time to visit the park- Although the park opens all months, summers (November to May) are great to see the park from the closet at lower prices
Opening time- 24 hours
Direction- Drive directly from the Darwin to the park via Stuart Highway or take public transport from Katherine or Alice Springs.
2. Whitsunday Islands
One of the best places to visit in Australia is this group of 74 islands. And it is not only famous among tourists but also among celebs for its white pristine sand beaches, beautiful resorts, extensive marine life.
Here is how you can make the holiday at Whitsunday more exciting:
- Ocean rafting on Whitehaven beach
- Hiking at Hill Inlet (views are pretty gorgeous from the top)
- Snorkeling and diving at Daydream Island
- Ngaro Sea Trail is a sight to see the underwater world
- Munch on the luscious seafood at Fish D’vine
How to get there?
Pick any option- Flight, train, ferry, or via road from Airlie Beach to the island. The fastest way is the ferry but it will cost you $60.
Best resorts on the island-
Since the island has small 74 islands each offering some refreshing, exciting, and surprising spots, so one day won’t be enough. At least plan for 5 days to explore the main islands- White haven beach, Hayman Island, and Hamilton.
Book a place for the best experience on the island, here are the best picks:
- Azure sea Whitsunday, Airlie Beach
- Beachfront, Hamilton Island
- InterContinental Hayman Island Resort, Hayman Island
The 3rd largest city Brisbane is one of the top 10 places to visit in Australia. The subtropical climate, modern buildings, friendly places, lush green parklands, and free attractions allure the visitors. So, when you are in Australia’s most sustainable and biodiversity city, get around these places for an awesome trip:
Things To Do In Brisbane, Australia
- Cuddle with a koala at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Play hide and seek with kids at Botanic Garden Mount Coot-Tha
- Watch the animated, award-winning structures at Queensland Art Gallery (QAGOMA)
- Book a river cruise and explore Brisbane at once
- Shop from the Queen Street Mall
Hotels To Book
- The Fantauzzo, 5 Boundary St
- The Calile Hotel, 48 James St. Fortitude Valley
- Hyatt Regency, 72 Queen St
Directions- Don’t take flight from Melbourne or Sydney, get onto the AirTrain or Coach trains to connect with different areas of the city
4. Great Barrier Reef Marine Park
Australia is famous for this UNESCO Heritage Site. It got the status of Wonders of the World way back for having more than 3000 coral reefs. The calm water, tropical marine creatures, and mangroves of this famous tourist attraction will surely amaze you. So, don’t miss this place on your trip to Australia.
Fun And Adventurous Activities to Do
- Helicopter flights
- Hot air ballooning
- Explore the entire reef from the sky via seaplanes
- Skydiving, jet skiing, paddle boarding, tube riding, etc…
- Dive into the underwater world without getting wet through underwater viewing stations
Resorts to book
- Lizard Island Resort, Lizard Island
- Heron Island Resort, Heron Island
- Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
5. Taronga Zoo, Sydney
This zoo is heaven for any animal lover. The evening seal show and friendly koalas will make your day. You can even stay at the zoo in their overnight accommodation. Taronga Zoo is more than a zoo, it is a place for adventure as well.
The 45 minutes course of wild ropes will challenge your senses. Even kids can take this course and learn something new.
Opening Time- 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
Ticket prices- $49 for adults, $29 for kids under 15, and free for infants
Directions- Sky Safari cable car, ferry, or train from Circular Quay will take you to the zoo
Where to stay- Wildlife retreat within the zoo offers harbor view rooms, tree suites, bushland rooms. You can book from different packages according to your duration of stay.
6. Art Museum, New South Wales
Art Gallery or Museum has contemporary artworks dated back to 1885 that reflect the best of both European and Asian artists. The minutely detailed work decorates the building’s gallery with all beautiful masterpieces.
The popular art style of Australia is also seen in the paintings of this museum.
Where- Art Gallery Rd, The Domain, Sydney
Opening time- 10 am to 9 pm
Ticket price- Free entrance but some exhibitions require tickets
Directions- A bus number 441 departs from the Queen Victoria Building. You can also reach via train from Martin Place or St. James station.
If you always wanted to travel to China but could not do, then take your time to explore Australia’s version of China. Lion gates at the entrance, the aroma of Szechuan spices, the street shops, and Robo-waiters give the real feel of this Asian country.
And each at Melbourne, Sydney, and Adelaide has something different to offer. Chinatown in Sydney is a popular place to visit in Australia. Here’s why?
- Beautiful Morning Glory stores with a plethora of cute souvenirs
- Ten Ren Tea is a food hub for super cheap and delicious meals, must-try bubble tea
- Mamak is the foodies stop for great hawker food
- Night markets are always crowded because of rare Dragon’s beard candy
- Dumplings of Din Tai Fung, Paddy markets, Capitol Theatre, and many more are the reasons
Directions- You can reach from Sydney’s CBD to Chinatown by any means either by bus or train
Hotels to book- If you want to stay longer, book hotels at Sydney’s CBD
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney,
- Holiday Inn Darling Harbour or
- The Ultimo
8. Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park
Another popular place in our list of tourist attractions in Australia is this red park filled with aboriginal artworks. One must visit the park for some great views and photos. Get the pass and explore galleries, watch rare birds, popular rock arts, and end the trip at sunset point.
Opening hours- 6:30 am to 7:30 pm
Ticket prices- Get a 3-day pass at $38
Places to stay- Ayers Rock Resort within the park is perfect for travelers. The resort has every facility such as shops, spas, affordable rooms, and restaurants.
9. Fraser Island
Fraser is special for so many reasons but the rainforests on dunes make it a unique island in the world. In fact, it is the world’s largest sand island. Your holiday will be great here. Know what you can do at Fraser Island:
- All kind of water activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, boating, ferry rides, and more
- Relax at Lake Mckenzie, Lake Boomanjin, Birrabeen, Wabby
- Swim at Champagne Pools
Accommodations- There are two popular resorts on the island with stunning views- Kingfisher Bay resorts and Eurong Beach resort
10. Sydney Harbour
The famous Sydney Harbour is not only popular for the 360-degree panorama view of the city, but also for adventure activities. World’s largest steel arch bridge has Sydney Bridge climb with a thrilling height of 135 m.
Are you daring enough to climb the summit?
Location- 5 Cumberland Street
Directions- Milsons point station is close to the harbor, so take a train from the main station to Milsons
Nearby attractions- Wildlife Sydney Zoo, Sydney Aquarium, Sydney harbor national park, Hermitage Foreshore walk
Places to stay- Sydney Boutique hotel, Park Hyatt Sydney, Four Seasons Hotel
Things To Do In Australia
When you are traveling to the popular tourist attractions in Australia there is a lot to be done and experienced. A lift of few must-do things are:
- Order a ‘Flat White (coffee)’ in Melbourne- the coffee capital of Australia.
- Australia is home to one of the world’s oldest Aboriginal cultures, and experiencing the art and culture of Aboriginal Australians should be top of everyone’s list.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Spend a Luxury night at Qualia.
- Visit the Daintree rainforest.
- Experience the magnificent shades of light at Uluru from Sunrise to Sunset.
When To Visit?
If you are planning to Australia then you must plan it all ahead especially as per the distinctive weather conditions. The continent majorly has four seasons and its weather varies in its eight states and territories.
The weather in Australia is opposite to that of the Northern Hemisphere i.e December to February is summer; March to May is autumn; June to August is winter, and September to November is spring. It is always a wise decision to plan your trip accordingly.
Australia can be a very expensive country to visit; if you are not properly planned then you might blow up a hole in your pocket.