Best places to visit in Mauritius- Check out the list of top 10 most amazing tourist attractions...
Located 21 km off the coast of Terengganu, Peninsular Malaysia, the Perhentian Island attracts a major crowd all throughout the year. If you love Island hopping and want to relax, the island is the perfect destination.
Read further to know what all are the things to do on Perhentian Islands, when to go, and a lot more.
Perhentian Islands: Best Tourist Attractions And Things To Do
1. Scuba diving at Turquoise Adam And Eve Beach
Since the place is surrounded by water, palm trees, and sandy beaches, there are a lot of things to do on Perhentian Island. And though the water and scenario of all beaches here are the same, visitors love to explore the famous Adam and Eve beach.
The tranquility of the beach, captive surroundings, sunbathing spots, and quiet sheds to relax under shade are the reasons. It is also a hotspot for pro scuba divers and beginners who learn professional diving at nearby scuba diving schools.
Location- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
2. Mosque A R Rahman Pulau Perhentian
If you are visiting Pulau Perhentian Kecil, do not miss this amazing and worth visiting mosque. This alluring mosque established above the water is one of the most amazing attractions in the Perhentian Islands.
However, you have to be wary about the outfit as you cannot visit the mosque in shorts or any sleeveless clothes.
Location- Pulau Perhentian Kecil
Opening hours- 8 am to 8 pm
Entry fees- Free entry
3. Trekking And Spotting
If you love to trek then the high peaks of the Perhentian Islands are an ideal place. The wooden trek will take you down towards the beach making the trek interesting and beautiful. Look down to witness the charming view.
You can also take small trails that take you through the forest area where you can spot monkeys, lizards, spiders, geckos, etc. Perhentian Kecil is the best spot for hikers. Here’s an overview of the route:
1. Start from Tuna Bay, take a left, pass down the Tuna Bay resort and walk up to the Teluk Keke Beach
2. Continue your journey to Arwana Beach which is again a popular destination for snorkeling
3. Walk straight from the Arwana sign and take a left to reach the jungle trekking path
4. Keep your eyes up, you’d find some amazing animals. The path has ups and downs, jungles, and fences as well. In the end, you’ll reach Perhentian Island resort
5. You can rest for a while and spot turtles or walk straight to the Barat Beach resort
There is a massage joint and a café at the resort where you can relax
4. Perhentian Turtle Sanctuary
When you move towards the Perhentian Turtle Sanctuary on Basah you can see turtles living in their natural habitat. It gives great excitement to see the green turtles strolling near the beach.
When to visit: Nightime is the best to watch the baby turtles on the beach. But if you are coming on a day trip, come after 4:30 pm.
5. Overnight Camping At Teluk KK
Head towards the Teluk KK where you can have the opportunity to spend time on the beach enjoying the cold breeze and gazing at the stars. The place is best for camping.
Best time for camping- March and October
6. Visit The Terengganu Marine Park
Unlike other parks, this one has small islands within its vicinity where visitors can do all the fun things to do in Perhentian Island. You can even take a boat ride and explore the park.
Location- Kuala Terengganu
Best time to visit- March to October
Entry Fees- RM 5
Things To Do At Perhentian Islands
1. Snorkeling- Dive in to see the exotic fishes, turtles, and coral reefs. It is an amazing experience to be in the water and swim with all the varieties of fishes around.
2. Shop- Shopping at the Perhentian Islands is one of the best things to do. And the chill-out café and craft is the ideal place for tourists.
3. Watch movies- Perhentian Island tourism has arranged the best for its visitors. They can enjoy drinks while watching movies on the sandy beaches at Ombak Resort. The view is spectacular after 8 pm.
4. Stay At Tree resort- Yes, you can book accommodation in a treehouse at Perhentian Island and wake up in the pleasant and natural ambiance.
5. Munching At Santai- The place has a vast menu from which you can offer Pizza, burgers, and many western dishes. If you want to eat the fresh seafood then you can order from their barbecue section as well.
6. Fire Show- The fire show performed at the Bubu Long beach by the locals will give you an insight into their culture while they perform traditional dance. Their fire show is engaging and worth watching.
How To Get To Perhentian Island
Perhentian Island is very well connected through rail, road, water, and air transports. One can read this heavenly place fastest by reaching Kota Bharu and Kuala Terengganu airports which are the two nearest airports.
Take a road drive to Kuala Besut Jetty and then reach Perhentian Island via boat or jetty.
When To Go Perhentian Islands?
A lot of visitors come in July to have unlimited fun and enjoy water sport activities on the island. However, you can also plan a trip between March and November when the island is less crowded.
Places To Stay
There are great options to live near Perhentian Island. Since the place attracts tourists all throughout the year the places are packed. If you want to reserve your stay then the best pocket-friendly options at Perhentian Besar Island are:
- The Barat Perhentian
- Abdul’s Chalet
- Tuna Bay Resort
- Bubu Long Beach resort
- Coral View Island resort
Keep a note of all the above-mentioned best things to do and attractions in Perhentian islands and your trip will be unforgettable at this paradise island of Malaysia.