Top places to visit in Dubai- Here is the list of popular tourist attractions & famous places...
Summers are here and it’s time to pack your bags to travel to the destination that you have been eyeing for a while. A summer break is a perfect time to take a break from work and chores and rejuvenate yourself through a relaxing trip.
If you haven’t decided on where you want to go this year, we are here to help. Here is a list of places to visit in summer.
Best Holiday Destinations 2021
Nepal is a refreshing escape to tropical and subtropical lands sitting in the lap of the Himalayas. You should visit the country in summer or the monsoon season. During monsoon, it generally rains at night and skies become clear by the morning.
It makes all the Himalayan views even more mesmerizing. You can reach Nepal by bus, train, or flight through Tribhuvan International Airport.
Also Read: 15 best things to do in Kathmandu, Nepal
What to see in Nepal:
There are a handful of places in Nepal that preserve the historical treasures as the country is earthquake-prone. But check out these places of attractions to make your Summer holidays in Nepal worthy:
1. Sri Pashupatinath Temple: Pashupatinath Road, Kathmandu
2. Boudha Stupa: Boudhnath Sadak, Kathmandu
3. Mount Manaslu ( Killer Mountain ): Gorkha District, Nepal
4. Annapurna Sanctuary ( Nepal’s famous trekking point): North of Pokhara
5. Chitwan National Park( Home to rare animals): Subarnapur, Nepal
6. Pokhara ( Trekking city of Nepal): Situated on Lake Phewa
7. Swayambhunath ( Monkey Temple): Kathmandu valley, Bhaganpau, Nepal
Where to stay-
Nepal is one of the safest countries for tourists so don’t worry about the accommodation places but it also has some creepy destinations as well.
You can stay in any city but Thamel in Kathmandu is highly recommended. All the public markets, bars, shops, transport facilities, and budget hotels are available here.
The best bets are these top 3:
1. Hotel Family Home is the best value for money. It offers free Wi-Fi, clean rooms, has friendly staff and is located near shopping places. Prices are also affordable, one can get a room for Rs 2000.
2. Hotel Nepalaya- Another great stay in Nepal’s Thamel is this one. The quiet environment of the hotel and garden rooftop restaurant is why it is best among tourists. The booking charges are also under 2k.
3. Rosemary Homes- If you are looking for the best hotel with the best food services, go for Rosemary. The amazing ambiance and food services will win your heart. Prices are almost the same so it is the best option for tourists.
2. Sri Lanka
If you want to get away from the madding crowd, Sri Lanka is your answer. The country has so much to offer- from pristine beaches, picturesque landscapes, and serene topography. A trip to Sri Lanka is very healing in nature and surprising too due to some unusual tourist attractions.
Top 5 Places To Visit In Summer On Sri Lanka Tour
1. Galle- A UNESCO World Heritage Site
2. Yala National Park- Palatupana, Yala
3. Ravana Falls ( Sri Lanka’s wildest falls) – Ella, Colombo
4. The Dambulla Cave Temple- the Country’s largest temple complex lies in the Matale district
5. Nine Arch Bridge (The Sky’s bridge): Demodara near Ella
Best Hotels To Book In Sri Lanka For Summer Vacation
Colombo, Arugam Bay, Mirissa, Sinharaja, and many more are preferred locations among travelers. Beaches, honeymoon, shopping, and nightlife is great here. So no matter where you stay, it’s going to be worth it.
However, we have a list of most-booked hotels by the tourists that can be handy for you. Check it out:
- Taj Samudra, Colombo
- Amare Galle, Galle
- Badulla village star, Badulla
- The Grand Ray, Boralesgamuwa
- Royal Rock, Sigiriya
Bhutan is at the peak of its rich natural beauty in the summers. Views from the hilltop are just mesmerizing. It’s known as ‘Land of Thunder Dragon’. You will fall in love with its colorful monasteries. You can reach here through Paro Airport.
Major Attractions In Bhutan:
1. Paro Taktsang- A himalyan Buddhist site in Taktsang trail on Paro Valley
2. Punakha Dzong- The oldest happiness palace is situated in Punakha and is the administrative center of Bhutan
3. Gangtey Monastery- It lies in Gangten village on Phobjikha Valley and is a famous Buddhism center
4. Jigme Dorji national park- The 2nd largest park in the country is famous for 37 endangered, vulnerable, and threatened species. It covers almost the entire Gasa district.
5. Great Buddha Dordenma Statue in Thimpu is architecture to behold as it is painted in gold and bronze.
Top Hotels In Bhutan
Paro and Thimpu are the two best cities in Bhutan that have hotels and resorts for all types of tourists. The picturesque towns also have ample local tours to make your journey ideal. And for a luxurious stay, you can pick from our top picks of hotels in Bhutan:
1. Khamsum Inn has a massage parlor, super clean rooms, a la carte restaurant, and free Wi-Fi services for tourists.
2. Dzi Pema is the best hotel in Paro for those coming to Bhutan with private cars. It offers private parking slots, a nice bar, a scenic garden, and a perfect lounge all included in one-time booking fees.
3. Nirvana Inn is another best place to stay in Paro. The hotel has a fitness center along with all necessary facilities and a heating system to keep you warm during winters.
Thailand is known for its prismatic beauty and is one of the cheapest destinations. The culture, people, natural environment, and spectacular infrastructure make the country a popular summer vacation destination. Cities like Bangkok and Chiang Mai give you a world-class experience but trekking in the mountains and experiencing wildlife is a must if you want a diverse experience in Thailand.
You can reach here through Bangkok International Suvarnabhumi Airport.
Places To Visit In Summer
1. Doi Suthep is a famous landmark in the Chiang Mai municipality of Suthep district. It holds the status of a sacred site and is surrounded by lush green forests at the height of 1073 m.
2. The night boat tour of the Chao Phraya River is a splendid experience. The River of Kings is close to Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho temple, and the Grand Palace. It’s just $15 to see all these places at once from a beautiful location.
3. Ayutthaya is a top sightseeing destination to spend your summer holidays in Thailand. The UNESCO world heritage site has several historic Buddhist temples.
But the must-see is Wat Phanan Choeng Worawihan( Huge gold Buddha temple) and Bang Pa-In Palace( Summer Palace of the royal family).
4. Summer holidays in Thailand are incomplete without snorkeling and seeing the underwater life of the Similan Islands.
5. The floating markets of Thailand are a reflection of Thai culture. Although there is nothing to see, it is a great spot to buy fresh seafood, exotic fruits, and get a unique shopping experience.
Budget-Stays In Thailand
1. Rambuttri Village Inn & Plaza is very close to the Grand Palace and airport. It offers cheap rooms with very good dining services.
2. River View Residence is second best here because of its location. The hotel is situated alongside the river and offers great views along with fine room services.
3. Burasari Phuket is very good accommodation at a very cheap price. The facilities you can get here include a spa, direct pool access, spacious rooms, green gardens, and more. It is close to markets, beaches, and Phuket International Airport.
If your hotel budget is within Rs 3000, these three are ideal.
Singapore screams luxury and it is one of the best holiday destinations in 2021. However, the country is also a must-visit for shoestring travelers. They can hike at natural trails, enjoy food at local binge plazas, explore fulgent temples, and buy souvenirs from inexpensive shopping markets.
But don’t spend summer holidays entirely doing these activities, check out these tourist places as well:
Singapore Tourist Places To Visit In Summer
1. Garden By the Bay is an imaginative place with great visuals and amazing surroundings. The Supertree grove park is located in the South Marina and is spread over 250 acres. The Flower dome within the park is a must-see thing as it is the world’s largest greenhouse glass.
2. Universal Studios, Sentosa Island- The 7 themed park with more than 20 rides, and a world of dinosaurs is an ideal family summer vacation destination. Sci-Fi city, Walk of Fame, Ancient Egypt Zone, and many more places in the studio will make your day.
Visitors can book a trip by buying a one-day ticket at $79 for adults, $59 for kids below 12, and $41 for seniors.
3. Singapore’s China Town is not about Chinese food and culture. It has Hindu and Buddhist temples that are sights to behold
4. Come to Singapore zoo which is a prime location to see Java Langurs, White tigers, Lion-tailed macaques, and more
5. SEA Aquarium is one of the best places to visit in summer with kids. Located on Sentosa Island, the aquarium is home to coral reefs, sharks, dolphins, and 100,000 more marine species.
Other tourist places in Singapore to visit are:
- Changi beach
- Punggol Waterway Park
- Singapore Flyer
- Little India Street
- Botanic gardens
Resorts In Singapore
Hotels and resorts here are not as cheap as other summer vacation destinations. The best ones are available for under 30k but they are worth booking because of their luxurious amenities, and the kind of safety measures they take. Our list contains all ideal stays in Singapore so that you don’t regret spending money on hotels:
1. Shangri-La Rasa, Sentosa- Suitable place to stay with kids and has pool services, water sport activities, and other entertainment facilities as well.
2. Sofitel Singapore Resort & Spa, Sentosa- Offer super clean family rooms, close to shopping markets, and friendly staff
3. Hotel Balestier- Tourists can pick from its 3 branch hotels and all offer similar services such as free internet access, TV, Salon, private parking, AC rooms, and more
These were our top picks countries for ideal summer holidays. So, where are you traveling this Summer?