Here is a list of 7 cheapest places to visit in India for pocket friendly trip. Find the best...
London, a city is a perfect blend for experiencing history and modernity at the same time. Being one of the most visited cities in the world, it has something for everyone from amazing food to good times. Our list of top tourist attractions in London will bring you more closely to the capital city of Britain.
10 Popular Tourist Attractions In London
1. Windsor Castle For A Close View to The Royalty
Windsor Castle, The home to the queen is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. The castle is a fortress with the royal family for 900 years. The Castle is occupied by the queen (Presently Elizabeth II) both as a private home, where she usually spends the weekend and as an official Royal residence at which she undertakes certain formal duties.
Location: Windsor SL4, 1NJ, UK
Entry fees: £23.50/adult
Best time to visit: March- October, and December-February
How to reach: There is a direct train from Waterloo to Windsor
Popular Tourist Places in Windsor, London
- The State Apartments
- Queen Mary’s famous dolls’ house
- St George’s Chapel
- The Albert Memorial Chapel
2. Dreams Come True At Madame Tussauds Museum
Not every fan is lucky enough to get a chance to meet their favorite celebrity. Their dreams come true at London’s World-famous wax museum- Madame Tussauds. Right from Lady Gaga, to Aishwarya Rai, you will find famous personalities all across the world and time here.
Location: Marylebone Rd, London NW1 5LR, United Kingdom
Opening time: 10 am to 04 pm from Mon-Sun
Entry fees: 34 pounds for adults and 20 pounds for kids below 15 ( Online prices may vary)
How to reach: Marylebone Station or Baker Street tube station is the closest station to Marylebone road from where Museum is within the walking distance. You can also reach via road, the major route to Marylebone is the A40 route.
What To Do In The Museum?
Since visitors are allowed only for 2 hours, it’s best to do things of importance at one of the famous tourist places in London.
Here’s a quick list for visitors:
- Sip a tea in the Royal Tea garden of Queen
- Get a 4D experience of Marvel Superheroes
- Get lost in the fascinating world of Sherlock Holmes
- Don’t miss a chance to meet Aliens
3.London Eye To View Whole City In One Frame
There’s no best point in London other than Europe’s largest observation wheel- The London Eye. This is a great sightseeing destination of the city situated at the banks of the River Thames. Over 3 million visitors come to the Millennium Wheel making it one of the hot tourist attractions in London.
Location: Riverside Building, Country Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd
Best Time To Visit: Anytime a year, shortly after sunset
Entry Fees: 24 pounds for a standard ticket and 36 pounds for those taking river cruise services; Visitors can also pre-book the tickets either for private or pub pod from the official website.
How to reach: London Waterloo East Station is the nearest rail service to Westminister. You can also take a river service to reach the London Eye Pier. Two popular services here are City Cruises and Thames Clippers.
Popular Tourist Places In London Nearby Millenium Wheel
- Churchill war rooms
- National Gallery
- The British Museum
- Tower of London
- Leak street arches
4.Spend Evening In Peaceful Kew Garden
Though it is in London, it is popularly known as the Japanese Garden and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is a perfect spot for a picnic with a diverse collection of flora. The beautiful Palm house inside this Royal botanical garden has giant lily pads.
Location: Kew, Richmond London
Opening time: Opens at 10 am every day; closed on Christmas
Entry Fees: 18 pounds for adults and 6 pounds for children; musical and other events are free of cost
How to reach: a direct public transport runs from Waterloo to Kew Bridge Rail station from where the kew garden is 10 minutes away.
What To Explore At Kew Garden?
- Princess of Wales conservatory
- See the rare flower species at Alpine house
- Water Lilly house
- Colorful trees of life spread in 300 acres of arboretum
- Japanese house- Minka and Chokushi-Mon
5. Shrek’s Adventure
One of the must-visit tourist attractions in London is Shrek’s adventure. The DreamWorks Animation and Merlin Entertainments have together brought the popular green monster to life. You’ll find his intelligent cat, donkey, and wife with other more friends at Shrek’s adventure.
The place offers fantastic tours for visitors where they can enjoy the 4D ride, magic mirror maze, and everything about Shrek.
Location: Country Hall, Westminster Bridge Rd, London
Opening time: 10 am to 04 pm every day
Ticket price: £24/adult
How to reach: London waterloo station is the nearest
What To Do At The Shrek’s Adventure?
- Take the 4D magical bus ride and begin the fairytale adventure
- Trolls World tour for a fun and musical journey
- Play with Kung fu panda, Madagascar, and other Disney characters at play zone
7. Travel In Time At The British Museum
If you have a niche for art, history, and antiquities then London is your city of dreams. One of the best places to visit in London is The British Museum that showcases 13 million artifacts. The Museum holds antiques from each corner of the world.
They are priceless and a great treat for art lovers.
Location: Great Russell Street, Bloomsbury, London
Opening Time: 10 am to 05 pm
Entry charges: Free for all
How To Reach: Tottenham Court Rd, Russel Square, Holbon, and Goodge Street Station are closest to the museum.
What To Do At Museum?
- Egyptian sculpture gallery to learn about 3000 years old human history
- Know more about the LGBTQ history at one of the famous trails of the museum
- Taste light bites at the Museum’s Great Court café
- If traveling with kids must visit the section “twelve objects for kids”
- Take a tour to Room no. 22 where lies the World of Alexander
8. Unleash The Inner Future Engineer At London Transport Museum
The ancient horse-down vehicles to modern trains, the London Transport Museum has it all. There are more than 500,000 collections of vehicles here. It is heaven for people interested in all kinds of vehicles. it is one of the best places to visit in London with your kids because there is a Baby DLR section.
The first such area for babies where they can do fun activities like singing and engaged in story workshops.
Location: 39 Wellington Street, Covent Garden Piazza
Ticket price: £17 for adults and free for kids below 17
How to reach: Covent underground station is closest to Museum from where it's only at a 2-minute distance.
Things To Do In London Transport Museum
- Fix a modern tube train
- Visit the Future Engineers Gallery
- Mend the broken tracks with kids at Museum
- Understand the latest ticket technology
- Be the controller of London’s train network
9. Buy Souvenirs From Covent Garden
Must-but the souvenirs from the dream city London and the best place to collect the beautiful handcrafts is Covent Garden. It is a one-stop shopping destination and also famous for its luxurious beauty stores.
Location: Between Drury Lane and St Martin Lane
Best time to travel: All-year-round; shops usually closed after 8 pm
How to reach: The city lies across the Waterloo Bridge which is 20-minute away from Waterloo station
Things To Do In Covent Garden City
- Visit the royal opera house
- Shop at Apple market, flower market, Jubliee market, and Charter market
- Actors Church is famous here for its unfinished and original architecture
- Plan a night party in pubs of Covent garden
- Dine at Rules, the historical eating place of Covent
10. St. Paul’s Cathedral
For a peaceful trip, come to the largest church in London. The St. Paul cathedral is built on the Roman Temple. However, the old church gets destroyed in 166 and later built in spectacular English architecture.
Location: London EC4M 8AD, UK
Opening timings: 8:30 am to 4;30 pm
Entry fees: £17/person and free for kids under 5
How to get there: St. Paul’s underground station is the nearest and fastest route. The Mansion house is the alternate route to the church
Things To Do
- The Whispering gallery is an amazing place within the church as you can hear a whisper across the walls
- The entry gate of Dome is itself a piece of marvelous architecture with a 30-foot tall door
- Keep your eyes up for the mind-blowing sketches of past in the choir stalls
- Get a 270-degree film experience at Oculus which is inside the St. Paul’s Cathedral
So, with all the details it’s time to plan your next visit to London. Don’t miss a single chance of relishing these popular tourist attractions in London.